|Season 01, Episode 23|
|Air Date||March 11, 1991|
72 Hours is the twenty-third episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air's first season which was first broadcast on March 11, 1991.
Will makes a bet that Carlton wouldn't last a weekend in Jazz's neighborhood, Compton. However, Carlton takes the bet too far and Will has to find a way to stop him from going to MacArthur Park at night.
- On Jazz's wall by the door, you can see he has a picture of Hilary.
- Running Gag: Tiny saying "What was that all about?"
- This episode's title is an allusion to the film entitled 42 Hours.
- The network dubs Compton as a street name.
- When Will tells Philip and Vivian about Carlton, Vivian takes off her right earring to go get him. When she gets to Jazz's apartment, the earring is back in her ear, but the left one is missing.
- In the first shot before Will and Jazz come in, Carlton or C-Note is missing, but in the next shot after Will and Jazz come in, he come out of the spot easily seen by camera.
- Philip (to Will): I'm tired of bailing you out. Why should I always be the heavy?
- Will (starts to say something but stops): No, I'm in enough trouble as it is.
- Carlton: Will, just so I don't need to tell you later, I did win the bet.
- Will: Whoa-whoa-whoa. No, you did not!
- Carlton: Yes, I did.
- Will: No. No. Wait. Our bet was that you couldn't spend the weekend in Compton, and you didn't.
- Carlton: That's only because you came and got me.
- Will: But if I hadn't come and got you, you'd.. a got yourself killed!
- Carlton: And why was that important to you?
- Will: It wasn't.
- Carlton: Yes, it was. Admit it, Will. You care about me.
- Will: I do not!
- Carlton: Yes, you do. You like me. You like havin' me around.
- Will: Hey, Carlton, take it back, man!
- Carlton: Face it. You've just gotta face it. You love me.
- Will: My brother, you wanna take this outside?!
- Vivian: Carlton, you are not going down to McArthur Park tonight. In fact, (to everyone) none of you are going down to McArthur Park tonight.
- Tiny (stands up): Wait a minute.
- Vivian: Boy, do not test me.
- Tiny: Yes, ma'am. (sits down)
- Vivian (to Will): Now, none of this would've happened if you hadn't insisted on making fun of your cousin. Now, you know, for a person who's always going around saying "I wish people would let me act the way I want", you were awfully hard on Carlton.
- Carlton: That was my point.
- Philip: That's no excuse, Carlton. Just because Will teases you, you have to do something this foolish?
- Carlton: Dad, I know it seemed foolish, but I had to show him that I had the courage to survive down there.
- Philip: That's not courage. Courage is being the way you are no matter what anybody says about you. Will teases me, but you don't see me goin' "Yo, yo, yo, homey, yo."
- Carlton: There's no "yo" at the end of it. I'm pretty sure of it.
- Carlton (to Will): Look. I never judge you for being the way you are, but you always act like I don't measure up to some role of blackness that you carry around.
- Will: Whoa, whoa. Hold it. Hold it. Wait a minute. You don't judge me? You do everything but carry around a big ol' gavel around. I mean, you treat me like I'm some kinda idiot just 'cause I talk different.
- Carlton: Differently.