|Bang the Drum, Ashley|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air Date||September 17, 1990|
|Previous||The Fresh Prince Project|
Bang the Drum, Ashley is the second episode of the first season from the television sitcom on The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. This show was originally aired from NBC on September 17, 1990. It was directed by Debbie Allen and written by Shannon Gaughan.
After Ashley reveals to Will that she does not enjoy playing the violin, he takes her to a pawn shop in East LA and trades her violin in for a drum set. He tries to ease the blow to Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv by also getting them gifts before revealing Ashley's new music teacher, Jazz.
Cast and Characters Edit
- DJ Jazzy Jeff as Jazz
- In syndication, they cut Hilary's line "I want her severely punished".
- This is the first appearance of Jazz and the first time he gets thrown out of the house.
- Syndication cuts the scene where Ashley's music teacher confronts Will for reading a magazine during the lesson.
- When Geoffrey gives Philip some water, the amount of water changes between shots.
- Philip says that Will is 17, but in a later episode, Will says he left Philly when he was 14.
- Ashley: Mommy, who's gonna take me to my tennis lesson after school today?
- Vivian: Are you sure it tennis today, sweetie? Maybe you better check the schedule.
- Will: Schedule?!
- Ashley: Yeah, my parents bought me this calendar so I can keep my lessons straight. Did you an afterschool schedule when you were my age?
- Will: Yeah, the tv guide.
- Ashley: See, Monday's for ballet, Tuesday's writing, Wednesday's violin... oops.
- Vivian: I thought today was violin today, sweetpie.
- Carlton: You mean Ashley would've shown up to her violin lesson in her tennis outfit?
- Hilary: Ha, I just pictured it.
- Carlton: Well, I'm two for two. I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead.
- Will: That's just retirement.
- Carlton: Ouch, keep 'em coming, Will.