|Did the Earth Move for You?|
|Airdate||September 9, 1991|
|Written by||Winifred Hervey|
|Directed by||Ellen Falcon|
Working it Out
The Mother of All Battles
During an earthquake, Will finds out more about his new found love than he wanted to. Kathleen (Tisha Campbell-Martin) begins to reveal her true self when she and Will are trapped in the basement during the quake. Will becomes disturbed upon finding out that Kathleen wears contacts, has fake hair, fake nails and fake eyelashes and at the end, he tells Phillip and Vivian that they were right about taking things slow as the two didn't know each other as well as they thought.
Meanwhile, Vivian has become frustrated with all of the new gadgets that Phillip has bought around the house. They become trapped during the quake in Phillip's office building when they go there to retrieve Will and Kathleen's tickets and ultimately make up with Phillip promising to slow down on his gadget obsession. Geoffrey, who ends up getting a ticket to the event is stuck in traffic during the quake with Ashley, Carlton and Hilary. The three fight over radio stations and Geoffrey throws the tuning knob out of the window, telling Carlton that it was either that or one of them.
- Will Smith as Will Smith
- James Avery as Phillip Banks
- Janet Hubert as Vivian Banks
- Alfonso Ribeiro as Carlton Banks
- Karyn Parsons as Hilary Banks
- Tatyana Ali as Ashley Banks
- Joseph Marcell as Geoffrey Butler
- Running Gag: Will's anger towards Kathleen eating all of his breath mints (pronounced "breaf mints") while they are trapped in the basement.
- This episode is referenced in M is for the Many Things She Gave Me in Season 4.
- ABC Family skips this episode for unknown reasons.
- Syndication cuts the scene where Ashley is singing in the car.