|It Had to Be You|
|Season 01, Episode 19|
|Air Date||February 4, 1991|
|Previous||The Young and the Restless|
It Had to Be You is the ninteenth episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air's first season which was first broadcast on February 4, 1991.
Jazz asks Will the favour of taking his sister, Janet (Vivica A. Fox), out on a date after she moves into town, Will is very unenthusiastic until Jazz introduces the two. After seeing how attractive Janet is, Will readily takes her out for a date.
On the date, Janet proves to have a massive crush on Will, and while he thinks that she's practically perfect, her one drawback is that she has already planned out her future with Will, and so she becomes extremely jealous of other women speaking with Will, and becomes extremely rude.
Desperate to get rid of Janet, Will decides to bring Carlton with him on his date with Janet to try to get her more interested in Carlton and for them to date instead. However, Will's constant talk about Carlton makes Janet really annoyed, and she snaps at a waitress to get her ice for her water. Carlton then steps in to defend the waitress and put Janet in her place, making her fall for him and see him in the way she once saw Will in.
Janet is shown to have a much nicer persona towards Carlton in comparison to her possessiveness over Will, causing him to believe that a man has to show he is the one in control. Will and Jazz both try this technique on Janet and Hilary, with both rejecting them and Jazz being thrown out of the house.
- Running Gag: Will and Phillip both imagining Janet as a female version of Jazz.
- Running Gag: Jazz being thrown out of the house by Will and Hilary.
- Running Gag: Phillip trying to tell Will and Jazz what some women are like and being overheard by Vivian each time.
- This is the first time that Jazz has been thrown out of the Banks' household twice in the same episode as well as the first where someone other than Phillip threw him out.
- In 1996, Will Smith and Vivia A. Fox would star opposite each other in the film Independence Day.