|Knowledge is Power|
|Season 1, Episode 13|
|Air Date||November 26, 1990|
|Next||Day Damn One|
Knowledge is Power is the thirteenth episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air's first season, which was first broadcasted on November 26, 1990.
Will plans revenge. While going to find out where Hilary is shopping, he learns that she dropped out of college three months ago. Will uses this in order to get Hilary to slave for him while he is punished. Hilary tries to get Carlton to go against Will, but he also uses it against her.
At dinner, Hilary is subjected to humiliating acts from lists compiled by Will and Carlton, which ultimately causes her to snap from the confusion and admit to dropping out to Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv, angering them both that she has lied for three months. Will and Carlton are grounded for a month for blackmailing Hilary while Uncle Phil tells Hilary that she must get a job while she figures out what she wants to do with her life.
Will tells Hilary that he never planned on dropping out and she tells him that she learned her lesson as he would have never blackmailed her had she not ratted him out to get him grounded for the car so they are both even.
- Several small portions of this episode are cut out in syndication, including the part where Geoffrey is dusting at the beginning.
- This is Tony's second appearance.
- This is the second time Will's room is seen. However, it has been altered. It's seen a third time in The Young and The Restless.
- In syndication, this episode often uses transition music from Season 4.
- The episode's title is an allusion to the famous quote, 'Knowledge is Power' from Religious Meditations, Of Heresies, written by Francis Bacon in 1597.