|Someday Your Prince Will Be in Effect (Part 1)|
|Original Broadcast Date||October 29, 1990|
|Written by||Bennie Richburg Jr.|
|Directed by||Jeff Melman|
|Preceded by||Def Poet's Society|
|Followed by|| Someday Your Prince|
Will Be in Effect (Part 2)
Someday Your Prince Will Be in Effect (Part 1) is the eighth episode of the first season from the television sitcom on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which was originally aired from NBC on October 29, 1990. It was directed by Jeff Melman and written by Bennie Richburg Jr.
The family heads to the mall to pick up costumes for Hilary's Halloween party, while Will and Carlton place a bet to see who can find a date for the party. Philip gets held up at a gadget store.
Vivian sings in a Record-A-Song booth. When Hilary forgets to take a hat off Ashley and walks out of the store with it, they get accused of theft. However at the end, Carlton's date is revealed to be the thief, resulting in Will winning the bet.
Halloween house the haunted.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Will Smith as Will Smith
- James Avery as Phillip Banks
- Janet Hubert as Vivian Banks
- Alfonso Ribeiro as Carlton Banks
- Karyn Parsons as Hilary Banks
- Tatyana Ali as Ashley Banks
- Joseph Marcell as Geoffrey Butler
- In syndication, this episode is a two-part episode. On DVD, it is just one episode, and some of the scenes are reordered.
- The episode title is a reference to "Someday My Prince Will Come", a song from the 1937 animated Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The song can be heard when Will is dancing with Cindy though the plot beginning with Cindy's arrival to the party is reminiscent of the film Cinderella.
- The song playing during the montage of Will and Carlton failing to find dates and ultimately spotting Melinda is "Girls Ain't Nothing but Trouble" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.
- When the cop arrests Carlton's date, he leaves the bag of stolen items on the table, but he should have taken with him as evidence.