|The Young and the Restless|
|Season 1, Episode 18|
|Air Date||January 21, 1991|
|Previous||The Ethnic Trip|
|Next||It Had to Be You|
The Young and the Restless is the eighteenth episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air's first season which was first broadcast on January 21, 1991.
Philip's mother joins the family for the weekend after recovering from a cold. Philip wants her to relax for the weekend, but she has other ideas. Phillip catches Hattie dancing to Heavy D in the kitchen and grounds Will, ruining his attendance to the Heavy D concert. Hattie and Will, however, defy Phillip's orders and sneak out to the concert that night with Phillip and Carlton going there after them.
Back at home, Phillip is angered that Hattie undermined his authority and allowed Will to attend a concert that he wasn't allowed to go to. Phillip also tells her he has been trying to protect her all weekend as she sounded so small on the phone when sick and he wants her to live forever. Hattie tells him in order to do that, Phillip has to allow her to live and not prevent her from having fun.
- Syndication cuts the scene where Geoffrey tries to put a cover on Hattie.
- Hattie reveals that she has a wild side like Will in this episode.
- The title is a reference to the CBS soap opera of the same name.
- Running Gag: Philip wanting his mother to rest
- Running Gag: His mother telling him she's fine